At Carolina Poodle Rescue, our primary focus is saving lives. That may mean re-homing a dog in need, rehabilitating a dog so that he or she can be re-homed, or offering a loving sanctuary for a senior or special need dog. In 2016 and 2017 we achieved more than 600 adoptions per year. Our goal is to continue to increase the number of animals saved and lives changed because of loving four-legged additions to the family.
Each year, we establish a set of priorities that support our adoption and sanctuary goals. For 2018, our goals include:
- Realizing 1,000 sustaining donors, defined as donors that are giving on a regular basis. We begin 2018 at almost 50% of our goal. If you aren’t already supporting Carolina Poodle Rescue through our Patrons or SOS program, please consider joining today.
- Achieving a healthy balance in Luna’s Medical Fund. This fund allows our rescue to provide important, frequently life-saving medical care, when the animals in our care need it. A donation to Luna’s Medical Fund allows us to say yes to animals that need medical assistance.
- Fully funding our SOS (Saving Our Seniors) program. Our SOS program offers a loving, compassionate sanctuary to senior and special needs dogs. Our SOS program is currently supporting close to 75 dogs, at an average monthly cost of $250/dog. We begin with our SOS program almost 40% funded. You can learn more on our website.
- Completing our Cataract Kids Campaign. There is no greater gift than the gift of sight. Every day, Carolina Poodle Rescue says yes to dogs of all ages who need corrective or restorative vision surgery. We kicked off 2018 with a campaign to raise $17,000 to help 17 dogs regain their vision. We need to double this number during the year to provide corrective surgery for all of the “cataract kids” currently in our programs.
- Updating our Adoption Center. Every year, we welcome hundreds of families from across the United States to Dreamweaver Farms. Here, dogs choose their forever families and lifelong friendships are built. Our Adoption Center has served us well for many years, but is showing signs of its age. During 2018 we hope to update this important facility so that adopters, dogs, and staff will all continue to have a safe, appropriately heated and cooled facility to help make matches.
Together, we will continue to save lives. One by one until there are none. Please consider supporting any of our 2018 goals today. Simply visit our Donate page and send us a note on which goal speaks to your heart!